With the prevalence of everything Internet and rapid evolution of online-based communities in recent years, everything is about content these days. Businesses across the world have logged on to this growing trend to reach their clients and potential consumers, so the digital marketplace is now way more important than it was say 10 years ago. Of course social media is one of the most impactful tools to employ for this purpose, so we’d like to help you find the best ways to utilise it.
Social media is a great way to reach the people you want to connect with, maintain relationships with your existing network, find out what is being said about your brand and seize the opportunity to let everyone see you in a whole new light. This means you will need great content and effective images are a huge part of that. Here’s how to ensure that yours will work:
- Decide on your message – This is of course the most important step. It is imperative that you determine these 4 factors before doing anything else:
- Decide on who is your target market or persona
- Decide on the particular message you want to send to them
- Decide on what are the goals you are trying to achieve
- And finally decide on how will you measure success
- Watch your words – Even though you’re trying to leverage your brand via social media, you have to keep in mind that social media is supposed to be fun. People signed up for these tools in order to connect with others and with things they are interested in, so make sure your language doesn’t sound too much like direct advertising. Use a call to action but make it relatable as well. You also don’t want anything too wordy as it’s more about images and a great, quick, to-the-point message than anything else.
- Choose the right images – Social media relies heavily on visually stimulating content, so it’s only natural that proper, engaging images are a requirement. Taking or creating your own pictures and videos are always a great first option. However, if you are strapped for time, cash or face other challenges you can find great royalty-free options online. You can always do a Google search for royalty free images or try stock photo websites like Flickr or Compfight.
- Use the right tools – There are a number of tools you can use to edit, enhance or create your images. Good old Photoshop is still one of the most popular for many. However these days, there are easier ways to get it done, especially if you’re not a professional graphic artist. Try something like iPiccy to help you create your own images for a more personalised feel.
- Don’t be afraid to add humour – People love to laugh and share funny things with their friends, so why not give them a reason to do so that involves your brand? It’s a great way to stay memorable and current while spreading your message, so feel free to get creative. Just remember to keep it appropriate.
- Brand it well – Last but not least, you need to link everything back to you… your brand, your company, your service since that’s the reason why you’re trying online marketing anyway. Don’t forget to brand your images with your logo and whenever possible link everything back to your website. That means more traffic and publicity for you plus an easy way to track whether or not your efforts are working.
So did we miss anything out? Please feel free to share your own advice with us in the comments below. Thanks for reading!